Saturday, February 16, 2008

Garfield Trail hike & ski with George and Rob

It took almost two months, but here are the photos from our hike.
I finally found a way to move photos from my phone to my computer.
The resolution is disappointing, but here they are.

from email sent Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:51 PM

I am going to meet Rob at the NH Liquor Store on I-93 North near exit 11 in Hooksett, NH between 7 and 7:15 AM. I will leave the Mini there and go the rest of the way in Rob's dark green, old Chevy Tahoe 4WD. We will meet George at the Cannon Mtn ski area base lodge between 8:30 and 8:45.

We are hiking up the Garfield Trail to Mt Garfield peak and then skiing back down.
Plan is to leave the trailhead by 9:00 AM. Assuming it takes 4 hours up and we then ski down, 2 hours max, we'll be done at 3:00 PM. If we hike and walk down, we should be down by 4:00. It gets dark about 4:30 or 5:00 so we absolutely want to be out by then So I should be home between 7 and 7:30 PM.

The trailhead is off Gale River Loop Rd.
Directions and map - Take I-93 North past Cannon, then Rte 3 North until a small picnic area 0.3 miles south of its intersection with Trudeau Road. This intersection, often called 5 Corners, has signs for Trudeau Rd. Avoiding the right fork, follow the Gale river Loop Rd south for 1.2 miles then swing left and cross a bridge for the parking lot on the Right.

No comments: