Thursday, March 02, 2017

Aborted Twins

Saturday, 2/25/17, 7:58AM to ~10:30AM

The Little River was swollen from days of temperatures above 50F. I bypassed the 1st crossing of Little River on the herd path. Soon after there was a drainage coming down off Mt Hale that I couldn't find a way across. So I didn't see the Fire Warden's Trail up Mt Hale. Even if I had crossed the drainage, there is no way I could have got to the west side at the 3rd crossing of Little River. I turned around and drove to Schillings in Littleton. It was a disappointing morning. I didn't climb any mountains, my iPhone stopped working, and I lost a pole basket.

Stats:
  • Peaks: none
  • Weather: warm/hot, almost 60F.
  • Parked: end of Little River Rd
  • Trails: old RR grade, Haystack Rd, North Twin Tr, herd path east of Little River, and back
  • Time:  
  • Distance: 
  • Track: none - my iPhone screen went black

An overview of my Single Season Winter 48 with links to all the trip reports is here.
































No comments: