Thursday, March 02, 2017

#36 Garfield solo

Sunday, 2/26/17, 8:52AM

In the parking lot, I met an AMC group led by Pam Wilmot and co-leader (John?). Bridget was also in the group. She and her twin sister Abby shared a room with Steve and me the following weekend at The Notch Hostel. John (?) told me about the bushwhack that would let me cross the rivers on snowmobile bridges and avoid the high waters. The AMCers took off up Gale River Loop Rd, and I soon followed on my skis. Soon after I passed them, I pulled a muscle (the adductor) in my right leg. It hurt like the dickens but I gritted my teeth and kept skiing; stopping to deal with the pain would violate my "no re-pass" rule.

Stats:
  • Peaks: Garfield
  • Weather: 
  • Parked: lot at west end of Gale River Loop Rd
  • Trails: Gale River Loop Rd, Garfield Tr, Garfield Ridge Tr, and back
  • Time: 5h42m
  • Distance: 12.3mi
  • Track: GaiaGps

An overview of my Single Season Winter 48 with links to all the trip reports is here.
































































No comments: