Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jackson Hole Ski Trip, 2009 - Day 12, I'm not worthy

Wednesday, Feb 25

It was dumping this morning.

The bowl was awesome.

A telemarketer (Bubba's name for a telemark skier) watched me ski down Alta 2 and called up, "You're rocking the BROs today." That would normally make me feel great, but he had just watched me hook a tip on a branch and take a head first ride down the chute. I want to get a sticker for my BROs with that immortal line of Wayne and Garth: "I'm not worthy."

At lunch I switched to my Pocket Rockets. With several inches of new snow, I skied great. The day was redeemed. The bowl was buffed smooth and I've never skied it faster or cleaner. Paul could have skied it today and enjoyed it.

Tonight we had dinner at the BrewPub, where they brew Snake River Beer. My SRB Cobb salad was okay, but the draft beer was excellent. Then we saw a sneak preview of the movie Swift. Silent. Deep. the story of the Jackson Hole Air Force. It was cool watching this movie about a bunch of local ski heroes with an auditorium full of locals who know and ski with these guys.

Geordie and Greg at the tram dock.


Geordie and Frank on the tram.


Mimi and Greg on the tram.


Phillip on the balcony at lunch. It's dumping.


Geordie in Ten Sleep. There is a skier coming down Corbet's Couloir behind George and two more waiting to launch at the top of the cooler.


Anonymous at Snake River BrewPub.


No comments: