Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jackson Hole Ski Trip, 2009 - Day 10, Waiting

Monday, Feb 23

Today I'm waiting. Waiting for the big storm to dump 18 inches of powder. Waiting for Greg and George to get here.

I woke up early as usual, about 5 AM. I stretch, do the daily dozen, and read for awhile. About 6, I baked pita bread, looking out the window I see it is snowing hard. Oh joy!

My clothes are all layed out on the bed; I want to be on an early tram. I eat breakfast and work a crossword puzzle. At 8:55 I get in line for the tram and walk right onto the 9 AM tram, first public tram of the day. PSIA Bruce Keller comments on the BROs I'm skiing and points out the chipped paint on the tram, caused by the cover used to hide the tram until its unveiling on opening day.

Phillip in the tram.

The skiing was very good. Fresh snow makes every run more fun. A bit after 10 I walked right on to the next tram; it wasn't even full so the ride was comfortable and I chatted with a group of skiers from Iran.

About an hour later, I came back to the Teton Club for an early lunch. It was snowing pretty hard and my plan was to allow more snow to fill in the bumps while I ate.

Big disappointment. When I got back on the tram at noon, the snow had stopped and the conditions degraded throughout the afternoon. Oh well. The forecast is still for lots of snow tonight and tomorrow.

Greg got here about 9 PM and spent the next couple of hours MacGyvering his antique snowboard bindings, so he could get another week of riding out of them.

No comments: