Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jackson Hole Ski Trip, 2009 - Day 4, BROs rule

Tuesday, Feb 17

We got 6 inches of snow last night, so we didn't stop to take many photos today.

Phillip with the disputed skis in front of the Teton Club. This is what a good ski morning looks like. New snow overnight and more snow falling.


The tram passes right by our suite at the Teton Club. A good incentive to finish breakfast and get outside.


Michael, Mimi, Phillip, and John in front of the Bear Flats Snack Shack. I just included this photo because IT'S SNOWING!!!


Yesterday, Frank gave me a pair BROs, his old powder skis. This morning I checked to make sure my boots fit the bindings and then we all headed up the tram. When I tried to step into my new skis at the top of the mountain, my boot wouldn't stay in the binding. Guess I should have double-checked the fit. I was considering taking the tram back down, when Mimi suggested that Michael's boot was a bit bigger and might stay in the binding. Fortunately they fit Michael so we swapped skis and he skied the BROs all morning.

After lunch I adjusted the bindings so they fit my boots, and skied the BROs all afternoon. I was a bit nervous that I didn't adjust them correctly and they wouldn't release in a fall. So on my first run down Rendezvous Bowl I tested them by crashing and doing a somersault; the bindings released just fine.

It snowed all day today and it should snow all night. Tomorrow we are getting around early so we are in line before the lifts open and can get first tracks. The only problem is that both Michael and I want to ski the BROs. Here are all the arguments Michael used to convince me to let him use the skis tomorrow:
  1. Michael challenged me to a wrestle off; winner gets the BROs. I think I can take him, so he moved on to other arguments.
  2. I can use the BROs all next week while Michael is back at school, so he should get to use them tomorrow.
  3. I bought my Pocket Rockets new; Michael's skis we bought used from the rental shop. It's only fair he get the BROs.
  4. After Frank gave me the BROs, Mimi said he should have given them to Michael.
  5. I got new goggles this week and handed down my old goggles to Michael. He should get the good skis.
  6. I don't ski well enough to deserve the BROs. Can you say cruising for a bruising? See argument #1.
Anyhow, I am a good Dad and want the best for my children. So I will let him ski the BROs tomorrow. I'll get to use them all next week anyhow. Have fun at school, Michael.

For dinner I made pizza. At lunch I was stressing out because I was worried that the dough wouldn't be good, that we didn't have the right toppings, that people wouldn't like the pizza... Fortunately, it all worked out great and everyone enjoyed homemade pizza for dinner. Whew!

No comments: